The 2019 CPL tournament is alive and kicking, adding a little more excitement to the whole cricket circuit. The League has been running since 2013 and sees the Trinbago Knight Riders looking to defend their 2 time win streak by making it 3. The league is set in the short game, by which I refer to the 20 over setting. This leads to some explosive cricket being played and quite regularly, a nail-biting finish.
Who will be participating?
The six teams involved are;
- Trinbago Knight Riders
- Guyana Amazon Warriors
- St Lucia Zouks
- Jamaica Tallawahs
- St Kitts & Nevis Patriots
- Barbados Tridents
How does the League work?
With the league consisting of 6 teams all of which have to play 10 games each – playing each opposing team twice. The top four teams in the league qualify for the playoff stages. This includes;
- Qualifier 1 – 1st plays play 2 place to decide who qualifies for the final.
- Eliminator – 3rd place plays 4th place to determine who plays in Qualifier 2. Loser of this match is eliminated from the Playoffs.
- Qualifier 2 – Loser of qualifier 1 players winner of Eliminator. Winner qualifies to the final. Loser is eliminated.
- Final – Winner of qualifier 1 plays winner of qualifier 2.
- This format can lead to the Qualifier 1 match being a complete replica in the final. This was the case in 2018 when Trinbago Knight Riders lost to Guyana Amazon Warriors in Qualifier 1. The Knight riders subsequently went on to win the Qualifier 2 match and then avenge that defeat with a victory of the Amazon Warriors in the final.
When does the competition run?
The competition runs through September and ends on the 12th October, when the final will take place at The Brian Lara Stadium. This gives way to plenty of betting opportunities, especially to those people who wish to make watching the games that little more interesting. Games are being streamed and broadcast live across the world. Examples of which are Star sports who will be broadcasting to India; Sky sports to the UK; CNC3 to Trinidad & Tobago and Digicel to Barbados.
Who should I bet with?
If you are unsure on which betting app is right for you in terms of cricket, you can check out our recommended cricket betting apps page, which will provide you with a little more insight. Different countries have different bookmakers and therefore it is quite difficult to give an outright answer here to that question. If you are in India we would recommend 10Cric. A new brand that offers a huge selection of markets and at competitive odds. It also has very reliable and quick payment methods in order to deposit and withdraw funds. They are also one of the tournaments official sponsors so you can be sure of a professional service with a quality support network to match. You can also expect some unique offers specifically for the CPL. You can check 10Cric out from the banner below.
20th Sept – St Lucia Zouks Vs Barbados Tridents
21st Sept – St Lucia Zouks Vs Trinbago Knight Riders
22nd Sept – Barbados Tridents Vs Guyana Amazon Warriors
23rd Sept – Barbados Tridents Vs Jamaica Tallawahs
24th Sept – St Lucia Zouks Vs St Kitts & Nevis Patriots
25th Sept – St Lucia Zouks Vs Guyana Amazon Warriors
26th Sept – Barbados Tridents Vs Trinbago Knight Riders
27th Sept – St Lucia Zouks Vs Jamaica Tallawahs
28th Sept – Barbados Tridents Vs St Kitts & Nevis Patriots
29th Sept – Barbados Tridents Vs St Lucia Zouks
30th Sept – Trinbago Knight Riders Vs Guyana Amazon Warriors
2nd Oct – Trinbago Knight Riders Vs Barbados Tridents
3rd Oct – Guyana Amazon Warriors Vs Jamaica Tallawahs
4th Oct – Guyana Amazon Warriors Vs Trinbago Knight Riders
6th Oct – Qualifier 1
6th Oct – Eliminator
10th Oct – Qualifier 2
12th Oct – Final