Betting in India is hugely popular with Cricket, Kabaddi and Soccer the most popular sports, but you may be wondering where is the best place to bet? We’re here to answer that question for you!
Whilst some of the major European companies like bet365 and William Hill won’t allow you to deposit and place bets in India there are a few companies who will. We’ve reviewed these apps and provided you with our guide to the top 2 below, including a handy guide on how to register and bet. Follow our simple steps to get betting on your phone today.
India’s Top Rated Betting Apps
We’ve rated these apps based on their performance, design, the range of markets, depositing options and how easy it is to register and bet.
|1||Get App & See Offer|
|2||Get App & See Offer|
|3||Get App & See Offer|
|4||Get App & See Offer|
|5||Get App & See Offer|
|6||Get App & See Offer|
|7||Get App & See Offer|
Betting in India guide
Everything you want to know about betting in India is here in our handy guide!
Options in India are wide-ranging from bank transfers to Bitcoin.
- Debit card – Usually fee-free
- PayPal – Fees apply with some
- E-wallets (Neteller, Skrill etc) – Fees vary
- Bank transfer – Usually fee-free
- Bitcoin transfer
Android betting apps
The Google play store does not currently allow real money gambling apps in the Indian Play Store. There are very few countries around the world where it is allowed. For our Android ratings, we used the standard mobile browser for each sportsbook.
Here is our top 5 based purely on Android ratings
- 10 Cric
- Betway Sports
How to install Android betting apps
Android users have one option for installing – you can install the mobile site as a short cut. To do this go to the home page of the site and tap the 3 lines for the browser menu, then select “Add shortcut to home”. This will give my an app icon on your screen and take you straight to the mobile home screen on your browser when you press it.
- Live streaming – Varies by app
- Secure logins
- Inbuilt casino games and slots
- Other gambling sites that you can use from the same account (Casino/ poker)
iPhone & iPad betting apps
There is a handful of iPhone betting apps that are available on the App Store. These can all be downloaded for free and you will need to register before you can bet. Apps are regularly updated, so to make sure you get the best experience keep them up to date!
Top 5 apps
- Betway Sports – App Store
- 10Cric – mobile based
- 1xbet – mobile based
- bet365 – mobile based
- LeoVegas Sports – mobile based
App Store features
- Customisable notifications
- Pin, Touch ID & Face ID for secure login
- Live streaming of various sports – Varies by location
- Deposit via Apple Pay – Varies by app
- iWatch integration
What sports can you bet on in India?
Lots and lots of sports! Here are all the sports we found!
- Football – Internationals, major world leagues, major tournaments.
- Cricket – International, 20-20 World Cup, IPL, T20 Blast, UK County Championships, most other major matches. (See our cricket betting apps list here)
- Tennis – ATP tour, Major tournaments.
- Basketball – Mostly NBA betting, some European leagues, Olympics.
- American Football – Mostly the NFL from America.
- Aussie Rules Football – Major leagues and tournaments.
- Badminton – World leagues.
- Bandy – Major events.
- Baseball – MBL.
- Boxing – Most major fights from around the world.
- Chess – Major matches and tournaments.
- Cycling – All major Tours covered.
- Darts – WDC.
- E-Sports Betting – Major events from around the world.
- Futsal – Most European leagues.
- Golf – PGA & WPGA Tours, all majors, Ryder Cup.
- Handball – Major European leagues.
- Hockey (& Ice Hockey). NHL from America and Canada, India Hockey leagues.
- MMA – Major events from the Octagon.
- Motorsports – F1, Moto GP
- Rugby – Both League and Union, leagues and internationals
- Snooker & pool – Major tournaments and Mosconi Cup.
- Surfing – World Tour events.
- Table Tennis – Major matches and events.
- Trotting – All Australian races covered.
- Winter Sports – Skiing, snowboarding, cross country.
We have our own unique review scoring system for all betting apps. Our system provides a score out of five across the following areas:
- App navigation
- In-play betting
- Live streaming
- Speed of bets
- Multiple bet features
- Choice of markets/sports
- Odds offered
- Deposit/withdrawal method
- Cash-out options
We then take the average score to create an overall score for each app and compile our list.
Are gambling apps legal in India?
The answer to this question does not seem to be either yes or no. There is nothing on paper saying sports betting is Illegal but there’s also no confirmation it is legal. This is currently being discussed by the lawmakers and we could see sports betting becoming fully legalised in the next 2 to 3 years. This will open more companies to the Indian betting markets giving a wider choice of betting options. It will also open up potential extra revenue streams for the government through taxation which is the same as all countries where gambling is legislated by the government.
Why are there no gambling apps in the app store?
Due to the lack of clarity around the gambling laws both the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store are not open to having real money betting apps in India. If the regulations change then we would expect to see apps appearing on both these app stores very quickly. In other countries, there are over 30 different sports betting apps on app stores.
Is Betway legal in India?
Yes, Betway operates legally in India, see questions above regarding the laws around this. As featured in our apps guide above Betway accept players from India and have a range of depositing options available to you.
Can you use the bet365 app in India?
Not really! You can access the site and register as a customer but unless you have a Visa card, Mastercard or Netteller account you will not be able to make a deposit. You can deposit via a simple bank transfer with our recommended app – 10Cric.
What depositing methods can I use?
You have a range of options, the easiest being bank transfer with the 10cric or Betway app. You can also deposit via Visa, Mastercard, Netteller or Skrill E-Wallets.
What is multi-betting?
Also known as parlays and accumulators, multi-betting allows you to combine up to 25 single bets into one larger bet and combines the odds of all the singes. In order for a multi-bet to win, you’ll need each leg you’ve selected to win if one loses then the whole bet loses.
Why do the odds change in live betting?
If you’re betting on an app with live betting you many notices the odds change before you get the bet placed and you have to reconfirm. This is due to the changing conditions affecting the odds. This can be a thing such as goals scored, runs scored, wickets are taken and time changes. It’s perfectly normal and nothing to worry about.
What are bet builders?
Bet builders are becoming very popular across betting apps. They allow you to place multiple bets on the same game. This is very popular with cricket betting.
Are the odds different on betting apps?
No, the odds for the desktop site, betting app and mobile site are all the same.
Can I cash out on betting apps?
Yes, all the betting apps we feature have different cash out options. On most apps, you need to go to either the cash out tab at the bottom or into my account and then my bets to see your offers. Some also have partial cash out options available including Bet Victor and bet365.
How do I verify my ID?
To register, or withdraw, some accounts will require you to verify your ID. This is usually a passport or driving license along with a recent utility bill. This can usually be a photo that is uploaded through the app to be verified.
Get in touch
Get social with the team
You can keep up to date on the latest app news, reviews and more on our Social Media channels
Twitter – @bettingappscom
YouTube – Betting Apps Youtube Channel
If you’ve got any questions about apps or have an app you think we should review then get in touch via our social channels about and we’ll do our best to answer!