Best Betting apps in India
Betting in India is hugely popular with Cricket, Kabaddi and Soccer the most popular sports, but you may be wondering where is the best place to bet? We’re here to answer that question for you!
Whilst some of the major European companies like bet365 and William Hill won’t allow you to deposit and place bets in India there are a few companies who will. We’ve reviewed these apps and provided you with our guide to the top 2 below, including a handy how to register and bet guide. Follow our simple steps to get betting on your phone today.
India’s Top Rated Betting Apps
We’ve rated these apps based on their performance, design, the range of markets, depositing options and how easy it is to register and bet.
Number 1 – Bet Rally
Bet Rally is a major player in the Asian betting markets and is pleased to accept customers from India. Their app is excellent quality and registration and depositing are simple. You can choose from a wide range of markets to bet on all major sports. In testing, we were very impressed with the Bet Rally app on both iPhone and Android. We are sure you will be very happy betting with Bet Rally.
Popular Sports you can bet on with Betrally
- Cricket – Including worldwide tests, County Championship, 20-20, IPL, World Cups, T20 blast and more.
- Football – International level and world leagues including the English Premier League, Spain’s LA Liga, the Champions League and more.
- MMA & Boxing
When we were reviewing the app we found a total of 36 different sports to bet on.
There are also lots of opportunities for different multiple accumulator bets. Select more options and head to the bet slip on the app to see the total odds available to you.
- Easy to join and deposit via a simple bank transfer
- Excellent platform for the app and easy bet placement
- Over 36 different sports to bet on
How to make your first deposit
Get your phone ready and we will walk you through how to register
Once registered it’s now time to make your first deposit, open the Betrally site on your phone and log in.
Now tap the + in the top right of your account, this will bring up your current balance and a green “deposit” button as shown below.
To deposit by bank transfer select the option for “IMPS Bank Transfer”. You will now be shown the details to make the transfer. Check these every time you deposit in case they change.
Copy these 4 items down
- Name of the Bank
- Their account number
- Name of the account owner
- IFSC code
Now head to your internet banking on your personal account and do am IMPS transfer to Bet Rally. You’ll need to deposit a minimum of 500 Rand and a maximum of 300,000 Rand per transaction.
Now head back to Betrally and enter the following details in the deposit page.
- The amount you sent.
- RRN Number – 12 digits that you’ll get if the transfer went through correctly.
- The name on the bank account the transfer code came from.
- Any promo or bonus codes you have
Then hit deposit as shown below
This will then generate a confirmation screen if all the details are correct, again shown below.
The amount deposited will show in your account balance in under 30 minutes. There are other depositing options such as Visa, Neteller and other e-wallets but we found the bank transfer the best option for India based customers.
Other features of the app
You’ll be pleased to know the app does not stop at just sports betting, it has other options for you. You can easily move money from your sports deposit into the other options such as casino and play from the same app. Once you’ve started with Betrally it’s easy to see why we have rated them as the number 1 betting app in India!
When you’re on the sports home page you’ll see the tab at the top to take you to options for the casino, live casino and games.
Get ready to be impressed with the fantastic casino part of the app, probably the best online mobile casino in India!
There is so much to play on including
- Over 50 ways to play table and card games
- Over 20 live casino games
- Over 15 big jackpot slots games
- Over 190 slots games to pick from
You can play in the live casino too and stream live roulette and blackjack – You will need a strong signal to do this so make sure you have one before you start playing. Probably not best for playing on the move.
Pick from over 36 games including Basic Instinct and football studio slots. There’s a choice of table games as well as big jackpot slots and fantasy based games.
Number 2 – Betway
Betway is a global sport betting brand and is becoming better known in India for online sports betting. Betway operates across Europe and Asia and their online betting app for India runs on the same platform as the rest of the world. This means you can benefit from a top quality app that’s tested and used by customers worldwide.
If you follow the Premier League football you may have seen them as the shirt sponsor for West Ham United. You can see the latest new customer offer below and join Betway to get the app and the bonus!
Everything you want to know about betting in India is here in our handy guide!
Is gambling legal in India?
The answer to this questions does not seem to be either yes or no. There is nothing on paper saying sports betting is Illegal but there’s also no confirmation it is legal. This is currently being discussed by the lawmakers and we could see sports betting becoming fully legalised in the next 2 to 3 years. This will open more companies to the Indian betting markets giving a wider choice of betting options. It will also open up potential extra revenue streams for the government through taxation which is the same as all countries where gambling is legislated by the government.
What is the best app on Android?
On Android, in our opinion, the best app is the Bet Rally app as featured above. You’ll need to install this as a web app.
What is the best app on iPhone?
Again we believe the best mobile betting app for iPhone is the Bet Rally app. You will need to install this as a web app rather than from the Indian App Store
Why are there no gambling apps in the app store?
Due to the lack of clarity around the gambling laws both the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store are not open to having real money betting apps in India. If the regulations change then we would expect to see apps appearing on both these app stores very quickly. In other countries, there are over 30 different sports betting apps on the app stores.
What sports can you bet on in India?
Lots and lots of sports! Here are all the sports we found!
- Football – Internationals, major world leagues, major tournaments.
- Cricket – International, 20-20 World Cup, IPL, T20 Blast, UK County Championships, most other major matches.
- Tennis – ATP tour, Major tournaments.
- Basketball – Mostly the NBA, some European leagues, Olympics.
- American Football – Mostly the NFL from America.
- Aussie Rules Football – Major leagues and touraments.
- Badminton – World leagues.
- Bandy – Major events.
- Baseball – MBL.
- Boxing – Most major fights from around the world.
- Chess – Major matches and tournaments.
- Cycling – All major Tours covered.
- Darts – WDC.
- E-Sports Betting – Major events from around the world.
- Futsal – Most European leagues.
- Golf – PGA & WPGA Tours, all majors, Ryder Cup.
- Handball – Major European leagues.
- Hockey (& Ice Hockey). NHL from America and Canada, India Hockey leagues.
- MMA – Major events from the Octagon.
- Motorsports – F1, Moto GP
- Rugby – Both League and Union, leagues and internationals
- Snooker & pool – Major tournaments and Mosconi Cup.
- Surfing – World Tour events.
- Table Tennis – Major matches and events.
- Trotting – All Australian races covered.
- Winter Sports – Skiing, snowboarding, cross country.
Is Betway legal in India?
Yes, Betway operate legally in India, see questions above regarding the laws around this. As featured in our apps guide above Betway accept players from India and have a range of depositing options available to you.
Can you use bet365 in India?
Not really! You can access the site and register as a customer but unless you have a Visa card, Mastercard or Netteller account you will not be able to make a deposit. You can deposit via a simple bank transfer with our recommended app – Betrally.
What depositing methods can I use?
You have a range of options, the easiest being bank transfer with the Bet Rally app. You can also deposit via Visa, Mastercard, Netteller or Skrill E-Wallets.
Got a question we’ve not covered? Then send them to us on Twiter to @bettingapps and we’ll find the answer for you!