Wondering Why You Can't See The Actual Sports Betting Bonuses?
While sports betting may be ok to do in Canada, there are certain restrictions around displaying the actual bonuses offered by the betting apps, meaning we can't display the details, or really even hint at what the bonuses are. Sorry aboot that. We can tell you about different types of sports betting bonuses that have been available, but nothing about any actual offers.
We are working to provide the best possible comparisons and ranking within the legal framework of online sports betting, so if you come across a betting app you think sounds interesting, just click on the green button and you can see for yourself how great the various features we talk about are!
Bonuses for Canadian Betting Apps Can't Be Advertised
- Fantastic live betting
- Streaming for soccer, NBA, tennis
- Huge range of sport markets
- Intuitive app
- Bland design
- Great value for users
- Innovative betting features
- Top-tier odds
- Variety of betting options
- No phone support
- Limited withdrawal methods
|Website: on.pointsbet.ca||Founded: 2017|
|Owner: Pointsbet Holdings Ltd||Headquarters:|
- Lots of features
- eSport betting friendly
- Extensive betting selection
- Great UX and layout
- Minimal live streaming
- Fantastic on mobile
- Sleek design and interface
- Accepts Interac
- Same Game Parlays
- Only offers American odds
- Support could improve
- Iconic brand and reputation
- Easy to use betting app
- Sports betting, casino, & poker games
- Great selection of payment options
- No live streaming
- Limited Same Game Parlay options
|Website: https://www.williamhill.com/us/||Founded: 1996|
|Owner: Caesars Entertainment||Headquarters: Reno, NV|
- Frequent updates
- Great parlay and SGP options
- High end casino options
- Easy navigation
- Withdrawal limitations
- Customer support needs work
|Website: https://sports.on.betmgm.ca/en/sports||Founded: 2018|
|Owner: MGM Resorts International & Entain||Headquarters: Paradise, Nevada|
- Great variety of events to wager on
- Good selection of features
- World-renowned betting operator
- Customer support not available 24/7
- Same game parlay not available on all events
|Website: on.unibet.ca/||Founded: 1997|
|Owner: Kindred Group||Headquarters: Malta|
- Generous betting app
- MLB live streaming
- Accepts Trustly & Interac
- Messy UX
- App tends to lag
- Lots of sports to bet on
- Huge selection of odds
- Great bet builder
- Design is a bit mundane
- Live streaming not available in Canada
- Superb in-play betting
- Good mobile experience
- Odds lower than some major sportsbooks
- No horse racing available
- Odds from Kambi
- Excellent mobile optimisation
- Good range of casino games
- Can be too casino-focused
- Not the best live streaming offering
- Works in unison with theScore
- Good odds boosts
- Decent live betting
- Limited betting markets
- A bit bare in some areas
Types of betting bonuses
What are free bets?
Free Bets are an awesome bonus when you can find them, giving you a chance to place a wager without risking any of your own money.
Betting apps know how great they are however, and don't always seem to prioritize giving them out to customers.
But we've gone through the trouble of finding the best betting apps in all of Canada, and you can quickly head to their sites and check out the various features that make them great and user firendly.
What is a Risk Free Bet?
Risk Free Bets are exactly what they say - a bonus that lets you throw down a bet and not worry about losing because the money is coming right back if you do!
Usually a welcome bonus, risk free bets give you a chance to try out a new betting site without the stress of losing your hard earned money.
You can check out our list for the best betting apps, and head to their pages to see what you can bet on next!
What are Deposit Bonuses?
Deposit bonuses basically let you dictate how big you want your bonus to be, and when you find 100% matched deposit offer you're pretty much doubling your money.
Almost always a sign up bonus, make sure you are ready to splash some cash right when you sign up to maximize these offers.
And there are a number of betting apps that a great to use right from the get-go, with quality designs and features for new and experienced users.
Betting Bonuses - the specifics
Some of the Best Betting Apps in Canada - Bonuses Cannot Be Shown
Betting Bonuses FAQ
There's a lot to know about betting bonuses in Canada - what they are, where to claim them, how to use them, etc. etc. Here are some of the most common questions about betting app bonuses.
What are the best betting bonuses?
This is a tough one to answer because different types of betting bonuses work better for different people.
Our favorite type of betting bonus is probably Free Bets, but anything that helps you maximize your wager and win more without needing to put your own money at risk is great.
At the moment we think that these apps are offering the most value to new and existing users with fantastic features, but unfortunately we're not able to go into detail about actual bonuses:
Which betting app has the best bonuses?
This all depends on what you're looking for - we would recommend checking out these betting apps because of their really solid apps and features that make betting incredibly fluid and easy:
- FanDuel SportsBook
But if you're after apps that really like to introduce new value frequently, BetMGM and Caesars Sportsbook are great choices because they always showcase particular games and ways to bet on certain sports.
Who can claim betting bonuses?
We have a full breakdown of how to claim a betting app bonus, but in general you'll need to:
- Sign up
- Register and verify your account
- Fulfill any requirements (place a wager, matched deposit, send referral link, etc.)
- Claim your bonus
Of course to do any of this you must be over 19 years old, and a Canadian resident.
Do I need to deposit to get a bonus?
There are very few exceptions for new users wanting to claim a bonus, but registering your account and making a deposit is usually step number one.
Certain bonuses, like deposit match bonuses, are actually linked to how much you deposit, and will give you free bets up to a certain amount - so make sure to read the T's and C's when you find a betting bonus you like!
How do I get a sign up bonus?
In our experience betting apps try and make it fairly easy to get started on their platforms, but it varies between each sportsbook.
If you like what you see from our reviews and features, just start registering by hitting one of the green buttons on the page. And make sure to read the terms of any sign up bonus to make sure you know how to fulfill and requirements (qualifying wager, turnover, deposit minimum).
What is a betting bonus?
Betting bonuses are ways betting apps add extra value to the user's experience.
Oftentimes this comes in the form of providing free bets for new users, meaning you don't need to risk your own money to place a wager. Sometimes betting bonuses are just boosted odds, giving you a bigger payout if you win. And you may also have a risk free bet, where you can place a wager up to a certain amount, and know that even if you lose you'll be reimbursed!
We love betting bonuses because there really is no better way to increase ways to profit and risk less of your own cash, but we can't actually showcase specific offers from the betting apps. What we can do is talk about what some offers types we think provide the best betting bonuses for users.
Do I need a bonus code?
Some betting apps have bonus codes that you need in order to claim their offers, but for the most part, bonuses are automatically activated when you get to the sportsbook.
Where are sports betting bonuses available?
Sports betting bonuses are available everywhere in Canada, but unfortunately, Canadian regulations mean we can't actually display the bonus amounts or kinds of bonuses.
We hope to provide a good look at what makes each of these betting apps great, and all you need to do is hit one of the links on this page and you'll be redirected to the betting app where you can see exactly what we're talking about, and start your sign up process.
Betting App Bonuses - pick your bonus
Sports Betting Bonuses in Canada
There's a good chance you landed on this page because you're looking for the best possible bonus to get you started on a new betting app. Smart.
You've also probably noticed at this point:
we're not allowed to display or discuss any sports betting bonuses
Don't worry though, we have plenty of information that will help you make an informed decision about the best betting apps, and what kinds of betting bonuses have been featured in the past. So when you get finished here, you'll know what types of bonuses are worth chasing down, and how to use them.
Betting Bonus Codes
Fortunately, most betting apps don't ask for actual betting bonus codes.
This is great because all you need to do to get started with one of these sportsbooks is hit a green button on this page, and then you'll be redirected to start the sign-up process.
Featured Betting App
As the number of betting apps keeps growing in Canada, we'll be featuring the sportsbooks with great bonuses for you to enjoy. Check out on our favourites!
FanDuel Sportsbook Canada
FanDuel Sportsbook has been a long-time contender as one of the best betting apps out there, and we think their mobile platform is absolutely fantastic.
- Amazing Same Game Parlays
- Slick app design
- Great betting markets and odds
9/10 ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Read full FanDuel Sportbook Review
Another great thing about FanDuel is their casino, which has tons of game variety.
How to Choose a Betting Bonus
It's not just about the money when it comes to sports betting bonuses, and we want to make sure you find the bonus that works well for you.
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
How much do you want to deposit?
- If you're ready to put down a big chuck of change, you might want to look into deposit match bonuses to get some serious bang for your buck, but if you're not quite sure how much you want to commit, looking for a free bet or risk free bet may be more up your street.
What are you playing for?
- Looking for fun or to earn money? Its important to consider this when looking at bonuses, some may be a bit riskier but leave you with a much higher payout, but if you're just casually placing a wager, some bonuses come in the form of insurance so you can get some money back if you lose.
Are you looking for a long-term betting app?
- Don't just look at the welcome bonus, if your wanting to play for a while, it's always good to use a betting app that offers existing user bonuses to keep giving you value.
Do you like the casino?
- There are some great betting apps out there that have good online casinos, and some bonuses come with a little extra sprinkled on top in the form of a casino bonus, which may be right for you if you like hitting the tables.
Money doesn't grow on trees, so this is probably what will draw your attention right away, showing how much money you could have as extra to play with when you register for a new betting app.
Sportsbooks know this how intriguing these offers are, and they have been digging deep into their own pockets to get new Canadian bettors excited about trying a new betting app out.
Even if a bonus looks juicy, there may be some requirements you need to hit in order to enjoy the full amount - this is something we seriously consider as it can sometimes turn a good bonus into one thats tough to claim. The last thing you want is for some massive turnover requirement locking you into tons of wagering in a short space of time just to withdraw your bonus funds.
- Odds restrictions on sign up promotions of existing user offers can be a bit tricky, and they vary significantly between betting apps. Some betting promotions are only eligible if you wager on longs odds - and have a higher chance of ending as a losing bet. Great for the sportsbook, not so great for you. We prefer no odds restrictions on bonuses, but we always consider this when ranking.
Turnover means how much money you need to wager in order to be eligible to withdraw your bonus winnings.
Let’s look at an example if you had $100 as a free bet:
A 1x turnover amount means you just need to wager that amount once, so if you win your bet you can withdraw the winnings right away!
A 5x turnover would require you to play through (wager) $500 to be able to withdraw your winnings from that $100 free bet. If you hit a nice win streak and bet safely you can probably not worry too much, but it does add an extra layer of risk to actually seeing profit from a promotion.
- Certain bonuses are limited to particular markets. This isn't always a problem if you like the available markets or event, but fewer restrictions leads to sharper bets, and less risk for you. Plus, bonuses are better when you can use them on anything.
- Unfortunately these bonuses don’t last forever, and we value any time a betting app lets you take a long time to enjoy the bonus instead of forcing you to place a bet you might not like. You can take the time to research and bet on what you like when the expiry date is way in the future.
Simply put, wagering requirements or turnover requirements are just what you need to do in order to turn your bonus funds into withdrawable cash.
Having fewer requirements is always a 'bonus,' because there's no guarantee you can keep winning bets long enough to actually make it to the point that bonus turns into cash.
The important thing is to read what you'll need to do in order to withdraw your money when you win, and play smart to make sure that bonus doesn't just disappear after a few bad beats.
How to Use a Betting Bonus
Once you've seen and decided on a betting app you think you'll like, you might be wondering how do I use the bonus?
We've put together a list of the general steps to get you ready to use a deposit bonus when you first sign up based on our experience, but there is always some variation, so make sure to read the instructions for each betting app!
Claim Your Bonus - the easy steps
Get to the Betting App
Make Your Deposit
Receive Your Bonus!
Now you've signed up, made your deposit, and placed and qualifying bet you need, it's time to receive your bonus!
Once you complete the whole process your bonus should be automatically added to your account depending on the type - sometimes you'll need to wait for a bet to settle before you see any bonus funds, but now you should be ready to start betting!
Ontario Betting Bonuses
As Canada's largest province, and home to some very well know sports teams, Ontario has been one of the first to really iron out its online sports betting regulations. But now that sports betting is legal for anyone in Ontario - betting apps are jumping to get new users signed up and enjoying their sportsbooks.
And while we would love to tell you exactly what those bonuses are, certain legal restrictions in Canada mean that we can't. You'll just need to read what we think about the top betting apps in Ontario, and hit one of these green buttons to see what the buzz is about. But we have put together a list of the top betting apps in Ontario!
Top 5 Ontario Betting Apps - Bonuses Unable to Be Shown
Best for Live Betting
Deep Betting Markets
Unique Betting Features
Best for Same Game Parlay
Best for Odds Boosts
Betting Bonuses in Canada Can't Be Shown
There are dozens of exciting and valuable bonuses you can claim on the various Canadian betting apps.
It's a shame we can't legally display them, but we hope that providing you the best information on each of the top betting apps, and also details on what the common types of betting bonuses are will help you make the best decision about which betting app to use.
You've seen our lists, but we want to make sure you have as much specific information as possible for each betting app and their respective features.
Our Picks for the Top 5 Betting Apps
We can't show the Bet365 bonus code
Bet365 comes with a huge selection of sports and betting features, and also a solid app for mobile users. User value is something we feel is exceptional at bet365, and with such a complete and deep sportsbook you shouldn't have any trouble finding something to wager on.
Deeecent Betting App
PointsBet has partnered with the iconic 'trailer park boys' for their launch in Canada, but they haven't forgotten to bring their consistent and huge betting app with them. Check back regularly for new all the ways PointBet provides users with value when betting, ranging from new features to simple quality of life updates.
Fanduel has sports and a casino
A household name for Daily Fantasy Sports, FanDuel has finally branched out into Canada and brought their unbelievable betting app with them - packed with the sports, offers, and parlays Americans are already enjoying. Plus, they have a great casino option if you want to check out some tale games.
Betting app fit for an Emperor
One of the best parts of the Caesars sportsbook is their constantly updated betting app, and coupled with a stellar selection of features and markets with all the bells and whistles you could ask for, they really do mean it when they call a user 'Emperor."
Parlays for days
BetMGM has really made a name for itself as one of the best for parlay betting. Coupled with a penchant for featuring particular ways to bet on certain sports and incorporating new sports into their one game parlays, BetMGM is a great addition to Canadian sports betting.
All Other Betting App Bonuses
One of the most well know betting apps in the world only got there by providing excellent value to users, both new an existing.
A reputable casino and extensive betting app, BetRivers doesn't shy away from keeping users happy with everything it has to offer.
Renowned for having tons to offer for new and existing users, 888sport is always close to the top of many lists because of their quality product and value for bettors.
Royal Panda didn't stop with their great online casino, and this solid reputation is well deserved with an improving sportsbook.
Always known as a generous casino, LeoVegas hasn't missed a beat in bringing this user focus to their betting app, so what are you waiting for?
The official betting app of 'the Score' has come out swinging in Canada, and no one will be disappointed with their contribution to the industry.
It's a good time to be a bettor in Canada, with tons of new betting apps flocking like geese to the country. And with these sportsbooks come bonuses in all shapes and sizes.
While it may seem daunting given the variety and slight changes to working, most betting app bonuses can be condensed into a few different types, all of which provide some level of added value to you.
Have a look at some. of the key aspects of each and every type of betting bonus out there, and see if some of our favorite betting apps pique your interest!
We highlight what types of betting bonuses you can expect to show up regularly in Canada, as well as the slightly less common bonuses.
Jump to a bonus you're looking for:
There's really no better way to wager your money when it's not actually your money. What we mean is, when you take advantage of a free bet bonus, you can place a wager using free bets, site credits, bonus bets, etc., and not have to put your own cash on the line.
Sometimes offered as part of a welcome bonus, free bets are more commonly found as an existing user bonus, generally after placing a qualifying wager or placing a bet on a particular sporting event. We love to see free bets show up frequently as it just bumps up the long term value in our minds.
Free bets are awesome bonuses, but keep these things in mind when determining if the bonus is right for you:
The Qualifying Bet
- Most free bet offers require you to place a bet before you can claim any of the actual bonus. The size of this qualifying bet is usually fairly small, for example, a betting app may ask you to wager $10 in order to claim a $50 offer. Not bad, eh? But make sure to decide if this value is ok for you, since you will almost always need to wager free bets to take out the winnings.
Size of the Bonus
- Just like when thinking about the qualifying bet versus how much the bonus offer is, you should shop around and see what size the free bets are - bigger is usually better, unless there are some crazy restrictions like minimum odds.
- For pretty much every qualifying bet you'll need to wager on events with a certain minimum odds level in order to be eligible for the free bet bonus. Sometimes, however, the actual free bets that are up for grabs have their own minimum odds, so be sure to read the T's and C's so you don't lose out on the bonus or get trapped with tough-to-win wagers.
- Just about every bonus has an expiry date since betting apps want you to keep betting, so double-check how long any free bets you can claim are valid for - you definitely don't want to be sitting on a huge chunk of free money and then find it all gone one day!
PointsBet Canada - One of our favorites
Betting with PointsBet
PointsBet has made a name for itself already in Canada, and part of the reason for this is the fantastic features and unique bets you're likely to find on the betting app.
We've highlighted PointsBet as one of our top picks because they have an amazing app packed with awesome features and new ways to be, but that's not all. The betting app is always cycling through new and exciting things for you to check out, giving tons of value for existing users too.
- Great selection of sports
- Unique betting features
- Excellent live betting
9/10 ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Risk Free Bets
Whenever you hear the term 'risk free' it's natural to be a bit skeptical. So when it comes to betting bonuses we're here to clarify what this type of bonus is, and help put your mind at ease - because they pretty much are risk free.
Often found as part of a welcome bonus, risk free bets are also found as part of existing user bonuses.
risk free bets let you wager a certain amount, and have that be reimbursed on as loss with free bet credits to the site.
It varies from betting app to betting app, but if you wager your own money with a risk free bet offer in place, you can expect to have any loss refunded for you to wager again.
Keep in mind, the refunded wager might have some strings attached, meaning that you can only withdraw your winnings, not the whole stake, so it's not a prefect return on a lost bet.
There are a couple of things to keep in mind if you manage to find a risk free bet:
What Risk Free Means
- What risk free really means is that any loss you suffer from an initial et will be refunded, but it will almost always e refunded as free bets or site credit. This isn't necessarily a problem, since you still have the same money to wager, but when you win a wager placed with free bets, only the winnings are withdrawable.
- An important thing to remember is there may e a turnover requirement for any risk free bet. Put simply, some betting apps force you to use the free bets they give as a refund multiple times before anything can be withdrawn as cash. Though not as common in Canada, a high turnover just makes it more difficult to be able to cash out your site credits and actually see a positive return on your wagers.
How Much You (don't) Risk
- One of the main things to factor into your decision as to whether or not a risk free et bonus is good - how much can you bet without worry? The bigger a risk free bet is, the better, because you can place a big, risky wager and know you'll get something out of it even if you lose. Sure, it would e nice to win that et, but an equal value in free bets is a sweet consilation prize.
BetMGM Canada - Parlays for days
Betting with BetMGM
The self proclaimed 'king,' BetMGM brings the same quality betting app to Canada, and all the big value features are in tow as well.
We've chosen BetMGM as a top pick because we think what they currently offer has some of the best value for new users. They also feature some of the most diverse range of parlays and same game parlays available.
- High value betting app
- Numerous parlay options
- Great design and features
9/10 ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Almost always reserved for sign up bonuses, deposit bonuses are an awesome way to add funds to your account right away.
If your looking at a sign up bonus that's a Deposit Match, this just means that any amount you deposit initially will be matched up to a certain amount - doubling your money.
For example, if a betting app offers 100% match up to $200, you can deposit that $200, and end up with $400 to play with immediately!
These are generally the most straightforward bonus since it's just tied to your actual deposit amount, ut there are a few things that can change.
How Much to Deposit
- This is always the big question, and if you want to maximise your bonus then you do have to deposit the maximum amount. But you should remember the value when you consider this in relation to a free bet bonus, sometimes depositing far less than the maximum would net you more than another betting app!
Deposit Bonus Over Time
- While we don't see this too often, some betting apps spread their deposit onus out over your first month of play. To make this clearer - for a total bonus of $400, the user would need to deposit $100 each week in their first month to get the entire bonus. This isn't always bad since you don't have the pressure to lay down a huge amount right away, but if you signed up right before a major event you wanted to bet big on you'd probably be disappointed.
888sport Canada - more variety than you can think of
The 888 brand is well known all over the world, and for good reason - they consistently deliver a stellar betting app to any country the launch, and it's Canada's turn.
Of course we think 888 is the best out there right now because of their huge range of features, but we also love their focus on deep markets for sports. Not only can you enjoy betting on tons of sports, existing users are sure to find value that keeps them coming back.
- User friendly UX and app
- Best for smaller sports
- Lots of different markets
Refer a Friend
Refer a friend bonuses are a nice excuse to not only get your friends involved in the exciting world of online sports betting, but a good way to pad out your betting wallet at the same time.
While these offers change regularly, we always think it's more fun to have your friends involved too, so it's worth keeping your eyes open for any referral offers.
Most betting apps offer different levels of referral bonuses, but the best opportunities to look out for are the ones that give both you and your bud extra funds.
Betting Bonuses - parlays, odds boosts and money back
Quite a few bonuses are not tied to how much you deposit, or big risk free welcome offers. You will regularly find slightly smaller, but more frequent offers available to existing users that relate to daily odds, specific games that day, or how you structure your wager.
Similar in some ways to a risk free bet (or at least reduced risk bet), parlay insurance is a good way to give Canadian bettors a bit of reassurance when wagering on the more risky proposition of a parlay bet.
Most insurance type bonuses ask you to fulfill certain qualifiers, such as the number of legs in the parlay, or total amount wagered on the bet, but as long as you meet those you don't need to worry if that final long-shot parlay leg doesn't come through for you - because you've got a bonus that insures your bet!
Odds boosts, enhanced odds, enhanced winnings, whatever you want to call it are all bonus types that give you a chance to earn a little more if your wager comes in as a winner.
An example of this type of bonus might be a standard moneyline wager at +150 being boosted to +200. While this may not seem like a crazy valuable offer, these boosted odds pop up all the time, so if you pay attention to your betting app there's a good chance you can capitalise on these bonuses to increase your possible payout.
We all have our favorite sport or two, and generally prefer to bet on the leagues and teams we know well to hopefully give us the edge over the bookie.
And thats exactly what we love about betting apps offering bonuses for specific sports and events.
The Super Bowl, Stanley Cup Finals, or NBA Playoffs almost always come with some nice bonuses for you to enjoy
While you may not always get lucky and have your preferred sport featured, these bonuses rotate all the time, sometimes daily with new games having free bets, insurance, or boosted odds.
Any seasoned bettor knows it's more fun to play with other people's money, and in all fairness, any new bettor will feel the same way. So when you see that little button at the top of your favorite betting app that says casino, you may want to give it a tap, but you may also want to hit the slot games with a bit of a bonus tucked away.
Good news, a lot of Canadian betting apps have integrated casinos, or at least separate apps that have tons of table and slot games to enjoy.
Once again, we aren't allowed to display the bonuses, but we have put together a list of our favorite online casinos with awesome value for you. These top our list because of the huge number of games available, shared wallets, and variety when it comes to live dealers and video poker.
Best Online Casinos in Canada
Same wallet and app
Tons of casino games
Huge game variety
Many original titles
Growing casino options
Shared wallet with sportbook
Tons of slot games
Meet the BettingApps Team
BettingApps.com has pulled together some savvy, and not so savvy sports bettors to deliver in depth reviews and tell you about the best and latest bonuses offered in Canada.